“I can’t think of anything that excites a greater sense of wonder than to be in a country where you are ignorant of almost everything. Suddenly you are five years old again. You can’t read anything, you have only the most rudimentary sense of how things work, you can’t even reliably cross a street without endangering your life. Your whole existence becomes a series of interesting guesses.” – Bill Bryson
How good is your expat confidence, integration and transition from 1 to 10?
Whatever your number is (mine was a definite -1!), let’s work together to get the most out of your new, expat life.
Expatriate coaching is right for you if you are struggling with:
|Homesickness.||The local business environment.|
|Challenge of new educational system.||Frustration of everything taking longer to understand than at home.|
|Missing a different version of yourself.||Uncertainty of your decisions.|
|Other people struggling with your move/changed circumstances.||Professional networking.|
|Different partnership work/life/financial dynamic.||Loss of personal support network.|
|Missing special occasions / moments happening back home.||Language barriers.|
I have first-hand experience of all the above issues and more besides. Together, we will brainstorm, explore, discover, clarify, set goals and use life-changing skills and tools to work towards:
- Clarifying your needs and desires:
- What do you really want and need?
- What really makes your mind, body and soul happy-wherever you are?
- What gives you energy?
- What connects you to your true values, priorities and identity?
- What you want & need from new beginnings.
- What do you need to do to be happy?
- Knowing how and where to begin living this new life.
- Developing your relationship with yourself.
- What you need to change in and around yourself?
- What are your terms?
- Living with confidence on your own terms.
Homesickness and disorientation can range from inconvenient to seriously debilitating. I know first-hand. But you don’t have to make this transition alone. You can book a session with me and we will work through any issues together until you’re confident, comfortable and happy in your own skin-wherever you find yourself in the world. There is life after expatriation!